Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hofbräuhaus, Amerika!

Guten Tag meine Damen und Herren! Today marks June 16th, better known for me as the month and a half mark to departing for Deutschland for a year! Today will be a short little photo extravaganza(you could hardly call it that) about the beautiful Bierhaus chain known as the "Hofbräuhaus!" (Pronounced like: "Hoffbroyhaus," not "Hoffbrowhaus"). It is a German Bierhaus, the chain was started in München, Deutschland(Munich, Germany) in 1589.


The Hofbräuhaus is known for its delicious beer, extreme quantities of it, and for being one of the only FOUR in the entire United States. I am lucky enough to live a 10 minute drive away from the Newport Hofbräuhaus. I have been there many times before, delicious beer cheese, pretzels, cooked pork, german potato salad and fried cabbage, würst of all kinds, all while enjoying the company of my family or wonderful German class AND listening to a small band playing accordian and small snare set. I was not dining there today, for I had to go there to buy my father a gift. He loves the Hofbräuhaus more than any place in the world, so what better gift than to buy him a gift card to there for father's day!! Happy Father's Day dad!!














Oh and by the way, I might've forgot to mention I found out some small little things about the upcoming CBYX program......... I WAS PLACED IN COLOGNE, GERMANY FOR MY LANGUAGE SCHOOL PLACEMENT FOR THE FIRST TWO MONTHS. So I'm a pretty excited creature, and I have been ALL weekend, what a lovely surprise on a Friday. And to my surprise again, I had not read the PDF file that was sent to us all the way through before I went bouncing around my house to tell everyone. I went back to show them and scrolled down a bit more and found out that, MY FINAL 9 MONTH PLACEMENT WILL BE IN THE BUNDESLAND(State) OF SACHSEN, GERMANY. Words cannot explain how excited I am. Oh, wow this is all getting too real. I'm ready for you Germany, what're you waiting for?!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm there is a Hofbräuhaus here in Pittsburgh too but ours looks very similar to the one they have in Münich. I've never really bothered to take a picture of it but I guess I should for size comparison. :D
    Can't wait til we are in Köln!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did know that! We are very lucky!! :D I think Munich's is probably much much bigger! Me neither, I'm so excited!! Who is this I'm speaking with?? :)

    ReplyDelete