Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Finland Week 45 - I Could Live Here

This entire post is dedicated to Finland. That was the neatest trip that I have taken during my time here in Europe. I absolutely love it there! Monday was spent at the Finnish Artillery Museum and later on enjoying Finnish food. Tuesday was spent at the Finnish Armour(Tank) Museum and a surprise afterwards. We went to the shooting range where I shot a Finnish version of the famous M91/30 Mosin Nagant. I had a field day at both of those places. On Wednesday, Janne and I took a day trip to Helsinki where we saw the sights of Suomenlinna and of Helsinki Zoo. Both of those places are on their own separate islands! On Thursday Janne, Juha, and I went to the country of Estonia, where the weather was absolute garbage but the city was pretty (and cheap!). These 2 epic day trips left us exhausted on Friday, where we spent it exploring Hämeenlinna and watching "Shawshank Redemption" which Janne or his mother had never seen before. The trip was wrapped up on Saturday and I flew back home and finally got back to Dresden around midnight. It was an epic trip and I recommend EVERYONE to go to Finland! It's an absolutely beautiful country with awesome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment